Currently Reading:

  • Currently Reading: ...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What will the resolution be for The Splendor Falls?

     I am currently finishing up The Splendor Falls written by Rosemary Clement- Moore. It is about a dancer named Sylvie Davis. Sylvie hurt her leg, her father passed, and her mother got remarried. To cope with all this, she started drinking Vicodin. Her mother sends her off from New York to her dad's old family house in Alabama where Cousin Paula pays close attention to Sylvie's actions while she recovers.
     I wonder what the resolution for this book is. I have about 50 pages left to read and I think there are a lot of conflicts that can be resolved at the end of this book. One conflict that can be resolved is something so simple, Sylvie getting closer to her dad even if he isn't physically on Earth anymore. While being in Alabama for a short period of time, Sylvie has learned so much about her dad, she learned about his childhood and his life in Alabama. Sylvie can get some closure with the Colonel ghost and not have it haunt her. She can solve the mystery with Hannah the ghost, the anonymous baby crying, and the Colonel ghost.
     At the end of the book I think Sylvie is going to solve the story of Hanna the ghost, the Colonel ghost, and the anonymous baby crying. She is going to end up with Rhys and find out Shawn is not as nice and charming as he seemed. Sylvie will find out what really went on with the TTC meetings and all the magic crap Shawn was feeding her. She will fly back home happy as ever and will be able to dance again. Most importantly, everyone will believe her when she says she isn't crazy. This book difinitely deserves a happy ending, and I think it is going to get it.

2 comments:

  1. i really liked your post! I liked how you explained what you think is going to happen. Why do you think this book deserves a happy ending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this book deserved a happy ending because Sylvie was going through a lot in her life. She needed something to happen to show her the happier side of life and that she doesn't have to to forget things by drinking when she can just get her mind off the bad things by thinking of good things.

      Delete